2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

English speaking jobs

All ideas welcome!

Anniebelle17
post 17.Nov.2017, 02:52 PM
Post #1

Hey!

I am a Brit moving to Sweden from London in January to start a part time job but looking for extra work in the city.
I plan to start SFI once I have my personal number however don’t currently speak Swedish which I feel is really limiting me in what I can do!
In the UK I work as a psychiatric nurse although my qualification isn’t recognised in Sweden and I would need to study again (in Swedish) to register as a mental health nurse there which is going to take some time!

I have looked at bar work in Stockholm but I’d really appreciate any other advice or ideas of any other work that might be available to me. Open to suggestions!!

Thanks,

Annie.
Go to the top of the page
+
Cheeseroller
post 17.Nov.2017, 05:48 PM
Post #2

https://www.facebook.com/groups/EnglishJobsStockholm/
+
Mib
post 17.Nov.2017, 09:20 PM
Post #3

Hi! I would sign up for this. Read the About Us here https://www.yrkesdorren.se/about to understand its purpose. I believe it's perfect for someone like you. Good luck!
+
Anniebelle17
post 20.Nov.2017, 09:18 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 17.Nov.2017, 05:48 PM) *

That’s great, I hadn’t seen this group before. Thank you! smile.gif

QUOTE (Mib @ 17.Nov.2017, 09:20 PM) *
Hi! I would sign up for this. Read the About Us here https://www.yrkesdorren.se/about to understand its purpose. I believe it's perfect for someone like you. Good luck!

I’ve had a read and will definitely sign up, looks super helpful! Thanks smile.gif
+
Kali6
post 14.Dec.2017, 05:42 AM
Post #5

Heeej good people!

I hope someone will see my post here.

I am wondering if there are any jobs for foreigners in Stockholm?

Any hope to find job without speaking Swedish? With master degree?

Also would appreciate if person who post this topic tell me if she: he found job in Stockholm?

And if any of you good people can tell me, if you know someone who got through this torture with positive outcome and land a real job in Stockholm?

Thanks in advance for possible answers

+
Svedallas
post 28.Dec.2017, 10:25 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Kali6 @ 14.Dec.2017, 05:42 AM) *
Heeej good people!I hope someone will see my post here.I am wondering if there are any jobs for foreigners in Stockholm?Any hope to find job without speaking Swedish? With ... (show full quote)

This is Sweden, and you need Swedish.
There is no way around it.

+
Cheeseroller
post 29.Dec.2017, 03:34 AM
Post #7

If you have a supreme talent or skill, some companies will accept you without Swedish i.e. computer programming is a language that is in demand. Everything else, you can pretty much forget - why would they hire a foreigner who can't communicate, understand written health and safety info, etc. when a Swede could be employed.

If you are smart and determined to live in Sweden, start your own export business online. Don't waste your time trying to sell to Swedes - they will prefer to buy crap from a Swede rather than a quality product from a foreigner in Sweden.

And remember, you will always be a second class citizen.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Dec.2017, 06:44 AM
Post #8

To leave your home and hope to be successful in another country is extremely difficult wherever you decide to go...

You cannot fit in while speaking someone else's language, and you must accept that there are others in front of you in the line of success and acceptance...

It's hard to get to the front of that line...
+
Kali6
post 29.Dec.2017, 07:01 PM
Post #9

Wow, negative people.

I never saw such negativity, especially from “ swedes” here!!

I can’t determine actually if you are born swedes or just someone who came to Sweden and tried to succeed and miserably failed.

What is the matter with you negative people?

Are you afraid I am gonna be better than you ( swede) ?

Am I frightening you?

Do you think that non Swedish can actually be better than swede?

It doesn’t mean if I was not born here that I can’t became better “ swede “ you always wanted to be.
Just by being born here doesn’t make you supreme.

I really regret I’ve ever post a question here.

It’s only mad negative people bored of their life, who wanna make other people miserable like they are, by telling us - we will never succeed just because we are not swedes.

You can be swede as much as you want but you are tiny people who think if they post such a negative and discouraging posts - they gonna feel better about them self.

With those comment you are not hurting us, you just can hurt yourself by being such a negative person.

I wish something good happen to all you negative people writing here , it’s actually only few people posting here, so maybe , just maybe once in a while you think of writing something helpful for once and actually do something good on this forum.

+
Anniebelle17
post 4.Jan.2018, 10:01 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (Kali6 @ 29.Dec.2017, 07:01 PM) *
Wow, negative people...

Right on! smile.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 4.Jan.2018, 10:18 AM
Post #11

When you ask questions you cannot determine what the answers will be...

Obviously the answers you got were not acceptable, so you decided to denigrate those that attempted to help you.

Maybe it is better that you ask no more questions here, as you are not ready to accept the reality of the answers...
+
Cheeseroller
post 4.Jan.2018, 10:18 AM
Post #12

Do come back in 6 months and tell us how you got on :-).
+
Svedallas
post 4.Jan.2018, 11:45 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 4.Jan.2018, 10:18 AM) *
Joined: 14.Dec.2017, 16.Nov.2017. Do come back in 6 months and tell us how you got on :-).

It is not negative.
Refusing to see the truth...

I give it 3 years, if you are lucky.
+
Anniebelle17
post 4.Jan.2018, 01:02 PM
Post #14

I think we are missing a bit of love here...

I do appreciate the advice of the forum and yes, of course we all need to be realistic about goals and what we can achieve in life but without a little bit of belief and encouragement that's going to be harder... I also strongly disagree that anyone should ever be told that they need to accept they "will always be a second class citizen", because that's neither true or helpful. We are all tiny little human beings in this big world but with the potential to contribute something wonderful to our communities and society no matter how small it might be or where on this earth that place is.

I have worked for years in my job in London to promote the rights of people from all corners of the globe and celebrate what they have to give to the place where they have chosen to land their feet so find this response quite disappointing. Thing's are changing hugely and it's fantastic but it's a terrible shame that in 2018 there is still a minority of people that are acting as a barrier to change, social integration and acceptance. I also believe that they too would be much happier people if they could open their minds and hearts a little.

We'll get their in the end! Dream big!

And with that, I shall say goodbye. See you in Sweden xxx
+
Svedallas
post 4.Jan.2018, 01:12 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Anniebelle17 @ 4.Jan.2018, 01:02 PM) *
I think we are missing a bit of love here...I do appreciate the advice of the forum and yes, of course we all need to be realistic about goals and what we can achieve in life ... (show full quote)

Most people here are natives or have lived in Sweden for years.
Keep thinking you can get a job without mastering the language.

Good luck. You will need it.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Popular articles