Reply to this topic

Long wait for Personnummer

Please help!

newuser
post 17.Nov.2017, 03:21 PM
Post #1

I am on a Swedish residence permit as a dependant of my spouse who is here on a work permit. When she arrived in Sweden, she was able to register and get a personnummer.

I joined her here in Sweden a few months later. However, when I reached Sweden the remaining validity of our permits was less than a year. As a result, I was denied a personnummer.

I understand that I will now have to wait for her permit to be extended to get a personnummer and applications for extension aren't processed before expiry even if one applies early.

This means having to wait for the permits to expire (which is about 9 months away). Also, after that it seems like I would further have to wait for the permits to be extended before I can apply for the personnumer.

So, in all it seems like I will have to wait for about a year and a half to get my personnummer!

Could anybody please help suggest a way to get a personnummer faster?
Go to the top of the page
+
Gjeebes
post 20.Nov.2017, 11:42 AM
Post #2

Just find a Russian and they will likely know where you can simply buy one. And of course, you might also make use of a new DL too!
+
john.boy
post 20.Nov.2017, 07:46 PM
Post #3

You can only be entered into the population register if you have been resident in Sweden for over 12 months. Exception can be made if you can provide evidence that you will certainly be here longer than 12 months. Can you provide such evidence?
+
newuser
post 23.Nov.2017, 02:20 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (john.boy @ 21.Nov.2017, 12:16 AM) *
You can only be entered into the population register if you have been resident in Sweden for over 12 months. Exception can be made if you can provide evidence that you will ce ... (show full quote)

Thanks for the information! Although I wonder what could count as evidence in this case. Would it help when I get a job and I can show that as evidence of my intent to stay longer?
+
SmokerT69
post 23.Nov.2017, 08:52 PM
Post #5

Hey, look on the bright side. You're doing better than me. I'm a EU citizen married to a Swed and have a Swedish child and I've been waiting 5 months, nearly 6 now just to get a personummer... at least I got to see the country side. The tax agency sent me all over Sweden, hundreds of kilometres to different migration agencies just to end up back where I started.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles