Reply to this topic

Consumer issues in Sweden

Cancelling appointments

Nadolphi
post 7.Dec.2017, 12:19 PM
Post #1

Hi

I sent the following email to Konsumverket and don't expect to get much of a reply. Does anyone else have this issue with cancelling appointments in Sweden? Is one not allowed to ever rebook if you are sick or have booked incorrectly? And what happens if you don't pay the faktura out of principal? The man was very rude on the phone!

Regards
Nadine

Please can you advise how I make a complaint against the bokasirect system and the company I was dealing with polish nailbar in Gothenburg. This is happening to me on two occasions now and I’m tired of it. I’ve booked an appointment in the night very late I’m going to cancel it in the morning before the business opens and I’m not able to as it is not within 24 hours. I go to the effort of ringing, emailing, and leaving messages, in an effort to try and change the appointment and get no where. I then receive a faktura from the business polish nailbar in Gothenburg.

I believe this is an abuse of the terms and conditions when a business is purposely ignoring messages so that they can send their faktura. This cannot continue and there has to be a formal way for the customer to get in touch with the business and request a cancellation if it has been booked within 24 hours of the appointment and in error. Surely it is only fair the consumer has a chance to rebook if it is before the business is even consciously aware of the appointment and so no inconvenience has been caused.

I wish to make a formal complaint.

I will not be paying this faktura out of principal and wish to know what the consequences are for me personally. Will it appear as bad debt?

I know others have had this problem too with the bokadirect system where they feel pressured to use it by the shop owners and then don’t receive any support or flexibility when it goes wrong. I would like this to be changed.

Regards
Nadine
Go to the top of the page
+
Cheeseroller
post 7.Dec.2017, 01:29 PM
Post #2

In Sweden and other countries (US, Germany), it is fairly common practice to charge for appointments that are cancelled less that 24 hours before. That's because they lose money if they can't find a customer to fill that time slot - as many hair, beauty, nail salons require booking well in advance, this is understandable.

However, I have some sympathy if you booked late at night and warned them as soon as the business opened next day. As someone who has owned salons in several countries, we would take a tolerant line with this.

If bokadirect won't help, perhaps call the salon and they may provide the next appointment without charge as you will have paid in advance. I would never recommend not paying an invoice in Sweden - you don't want a black mark. Always pay first then argue.

If the salon as you say is ignoring your messages and the terms and conditions were visible at the time of ordering, choose a different salon in future. There are quiet a few good nail salons in Goteborg.

+
Svedallas
post 7.Dec.2017, 01:35 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Nadolphi @ 7.Dec.2017, 12:19 PM) *
HiI sent the following email to Konsumverket and don't expect to get much of a reply. Does anyone else have this issue with cancelling appointments in Sweden? Is one not a ... (show full quote)

This is Sweden.
You cancel, you pay.

That is the system, and it is how peoples time is respected.
+
wondering_again
post 7.Dec.2017, 02:23 PM
Post #4

The T&Cs are quite clear on the website

https://www.bokadirekt.se/articles/terms-booking-consumer

If you do not pay then it may end up with Kronofogden
+
Cheeseroller
post 7.Dec.2017, 03:10 PM
Post #5

As a further advice, don't book appointments at nail salons that don't provide the names of the owners or workers on their website. Many high street nail salons are not using legal cosmetics and have poor sanitation i.e. using the same files on many customers which can spread infection.
+
Gjeebes
post 7.Dec.2017, 05:09 PM
Post #6

Pay it before it goes to Kronofogden and the cost increases exponentially.

Likely an exploitation of the system; a cash grab (considering the time frame). A stupid policy by any means, and certainly not enticing to the customer.

But as this is Sweden, you are simply out of luck. Such underhanded behaviour is somehow completely tolerated here.

Go somewhere that is capable of appreciating you, as the customer that you are.
+
elliha
post 9.Dec.2017, 10:37 AM
Post #7

If they say they will charge you for an unused slot you need to pay for it. If you feel that they have done something wrong you can copy the bill and send it back to the company sayign "Jag bestrider fakturan". You may still have to pay it if it is legit which it seems to be but you can do this to buy time to investigate if there is some loophole or so because they don't send it to "Kronofogden" until the issue is sorted out then. However, I would say your chances of not paying unless the owner is being nice are small. I have had to pay sometimes and other times the owner has been nice like when my daughter got a stomach bug the night before. So make your complaint in a friendly way if you want to have a chance of getting out of it.
+
Cheeseroller
post 9.Dec.2017, 11:00 AM
Post #8

The OP has disappeared. Clearly lacks empathy.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles