Reply to this topic

Looking for any job/ help moving from US to Sweden

Construction or Warehouse

Feyded
post 15.Dec.2017, 07:10 PM
Post #1

Hello,

I'm 20 years old looking to become a citizen in Sweden, recently started self teaching Swedish but haven't come very far. I'm looking for any sort of job though I have experience working in construction and warehouse settings. I'm trying to make a life for myself away from all of the issues (both nationally and personally) in the US. Honestly, I'd do anything to get away from here. If anyone has advice or can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thank you!!
Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 15.Dec.2017, 09:12 PM
Post #2

Been there, done that. But of course, you're 20 and are gonna have to try it yourself 'cuz that's what I would have done when I was 20.

FYI: First, Sweden just doesn't just let everybody in who wants to (unless, of course, you are a refugee from some third world shit hole). So you must contact the Swedish embassy and see what steps are necessary to immigrate. Or, you could go to school there and pay lots of money for a substandard education. If you do make it to good ol' Sverige, you will find that there are very few jobs available for someone with little skills, no Swedish speaking ability and no connections. The job market is nothing like what you are used to in the US. Bring enough money to live on for a year or two (and it is very expensive in Sweden) because that's how long it often takes to get hired on. Also, you will find that you leave some problems and issues behind in America and inherit new ones in Sweden.

Seriously, if I were you, I would join the military and gain some real life experience.
+
intrepidfox
post 15.Dec.2017, 09:43 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 15.Dec.2017, 09:12 PM) *
Been there, done that. But of course, you're 20 and are gonna have to try it yourself 'cuz that's what I would have done when I was 20. FYI: First, Sweden just ... (show full quote)

A very good and honest post
+
hatim
post 12.Jan.2018, 12:53 AM
Post #4

Move to canada instead if you can.

+
Gjeebes
post 12.Jan.2018, 05:40 PM
Post #5

I lived in 6 countries. I understand the desire for adventure, trust me! I could not in good faith point you to Sweden.

Even if you are only 20, there is a good chance that your years in Sweden, will be wasted time.

Get into something, get educated. There are loads of programmes that would see you visit Sweden at some point (or, far better places).

Try Germany? UK? France. Ignore the Swedish propaganda machine that white-washes Sweden to appear as some kind of gift to the world. It ain't...by no stretch of the imagination.

Canada is also a good option, although of late, it has also suffered from a pathetic hard-left ideology...although it seems to be reversing, slowly, as in many places that have now fully realised the smoke and mirrors are just that.

Way better places to be than Sweden, and for a young un, way cheaper.
+
Bsmith
post 12.Jan.2018, 10:54 PM
Post #6

If I was 20 again, I would save some money, travel to Europe, and spend a year backpacking around the continent.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: