Reply to this topic

Swedish citizenship application rejected

Permanent residence permit expires in 2 months

Mike hench
post 11.Jan.2018, 10:44 PM
Post #1

Hi,

Thanks you all for this unique opportunity to ask some questions. I had debt issue with CSN that was passed to kronofogden while I was abroad. I was unable to meet the payment obligation while I was away from Sweden due to health challenges. I returned to Sweden, paid the entire outstanding debt. I appealed against the migrationsverket decision but the court rejected it because of not sending the appeal on time. They also said that I need to wait for a certain period of time to pass before I will become a Swedish citizen.

My questions are: do I need to reapply again after the specified waiting period has passed or is it the jurisdiction of the migrationsverket to approve the application as soon as they discover that I am debt free? I am really thinking of the way out as my permanent residence permit expires in 2 months time.

Thanks in advance for your constructive feedback.

Br,
...Mike
Go to the top of the page
+
Martian
post 12.Jan.2018, 01:14 AM
Post #2

Other than the fact that you need to wait for the specified waiting period before you become a citizen, I see no issue here. Permanent residence permit doesn't expire. It can only be withdrawn in case you commit some serious crime or you leave Sweden for more than 2 years. You only need to renew your PUT card and continue your life.
+
Mike hench
post 12.Jan.2018, 02:03 AM
Post #3

Hi Martian,

Thanks for your response. I guess I need to visit their office. I will check if there is anyway to send an application through their website.
+
Svedallas
post 12.Jan.2018, 10:48 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Mike hench @ 11.Jan.2018, 10:44 PM) *
Hi,Thanks you all for this unique opportunity to ask some questions. I had debt issue with CSN that was passed to kronofogden while I was abroad. I was unable to meet the paym ... (show full quote)

Maybe you will have to wait the 3 more years when debt is cleared from your name?
Not sure, but I believe so.
+
Martian
post 13.Jan.2018, 08:14 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Mike hench @ 12.Jan.2018, 02:03 AM) *
Hi Martian,. Thanks for your response. I guess I need to visit their office. I will check if there is anyway to send an application through their website.

Yes. I belive you should be able to do that on the website. Otherwise, either give them a call or visit their office.

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 12.Jan.2018, 10:48 AM) *
Maybe you will have to wait the 3 more years when debt is cleared from your name?. Not sure, but I believe so.

It's 2 years, according to what they wrote on their website

"Debts to private companies or similar which have been passed on to the Enforcement Authority may also mean that your application to become a Swedish citizen is rejected. Even if you have paid your debts, a certain period of time must pass (approximately two years), before you can become a Swedish citizen. The reason is that you must show that you can remain debt free".

https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...od-conduct.html
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles