2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Safe area to live with family

Looking information about area in Gothenburg

ggtm213
post 13.Jan.2018, 05:43 PM
Post #1

Hello All,

I will soon be joining a new company in Gothenburg and now I am planning to rent an apartment. Regarding this I am doing a lot of research about the places but couldn't able to find the right answer. Earlier I used to stay alone in a company given apartment but now my bachelorhood came to an end. Now time to move on.
So would request everyone to guide me regarding safe places around Gothenburg and Mondal. Some people told me to avoid Angered. So likewise, are there any other places which I should be cautious off.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Regards
Gaurav
Go to the top of the page
+
TLSucks
post 13.Jan.2018, 06:26 PM
Post #2

Basically all areas that look like Soviet suburbs at at the end of tram lines have lots of social problems. That means Angered, Bergsjön, Kortedala, Länsmansgården, Biskopsgården, Tynnered, and Frölunda.
https://www.vasttrafik.se/globalassets/medi...h-battrafik.pdf

Mölndal is mostly fine. Biggest problem there is the boring architecture.

Here you can see an income map: http://s.yimby.se/gbg/2258/2c86d7f4-c0e0-1...23d18c2875e.jpg
Red areas indicate low income. The areas I listed are all red. Red areas are concentrated in north east around Angered, Kortedala, Bergsjön, Hammarkullen, Lovgärdet.
+
intrepidfox
post 13.Jan.2018, 07:42 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (TLSucks @ 13.Jan.2018, 06:26 PM) *
Basically all areas that look like Soviet suburbs at at the end of tram lines have lots of social problems. That means Angered, Bergsjön, Kortedala, Länsmansgården, Biskops ... (show full quote)

Länsmansgården is ok and parts off Backa and Kortedala are ok.

I would not live in the other places.

Honestly Göteborg has changed so much over the year,s that no place is good anymore. Even Eriksberg has it´s problems.
+
TLSucks
post 14.Jan.2018, 03:44 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 13.Jan.2018, 07:42 PM) *
Honestly Göteborg has changed so much over the year,s that no place is good anymore.

BS
+
intrepidfox
post 14.Jan.2018, 01:10 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (TLSucks @ 14.Jan.2018, 03:44 AM) *
BS

Not BS, a fact. There are no area´s that have not been affected by the criminal gangs and their hanger ons
+
Svedallas
post 14.Jan.2018, 02:02 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 14.Jan.2018, 01:10 PM) *
Not BS, a fact. There are no area´s that have not been affected by the criminal gangs and their hanger ons

Same case in Stockholm.
Even the richest areas are now riddled with break-ins.

This is what happens when you have undocumented and paperless allegedly "asylum" seekers on the streets, and a pathetic government that is not doing shit about it.
+
intrepidfox
post 14.Jan.2018, 03:08 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 14.Jan.2018, 02:02 PM) *
Same case in Stockholm. Even the richest areas are now riddled with break-ins.This is what happens when you have undocumented and paperless allegedly "asylum" seeker ... (show full quote)

+1
+
TLSucks
post 14.Jan.2018, 04:05 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 14.Jan.2018, 02:02 PM) *
Same case in Stockholm. Even the richest areas are now riddled with break-ins.This is what happens when you have undocumented and paperless allegedly "asylum" seeker ... (show full quote)

Lol, I bet you are not even 30. If your were older and lived in a rich area you would know that burglaries were a big problem in the 80s, much bigger than it is now. In the 90s burglaries dropped a lot and then increased again mostly due to organized crime from East Bloc countries, not asylum seekers. In the 80s there were about 150,000 burglaries a year, now it is about 90,000.
+
Svedallas
post 14.Jan.2018, 05:37 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (TLSucks @ 14.Jan.2018, 04:05 PM) *
Lol, I bet you are not even 30. If your were older and lived in a rich area you would know that burglaries were a big problem in the 80s, much bigger than it is now. In the 90 ... (show full quote)

You obviously don't read the news...or follow daily police reports for that matter.
+
Savage
post 14.Jan.2018, 08:32 PM
Post #10

See here :

https://www.facebook.com/TheLolalSweden/

While the admin of the page is sporadic in her posts, it will give you a good idea or reflection on Sweden.

While it originally was meant as a fun poke at Swedish media, it gives a clear blueprint on how things have changed recently.

And like I say, the old lady who runs the page.
Is very sporadic in regards to when she posts. So I am sure there is a lot more links to stories she doesn't post.
+
ggtm213
post 14.Jan.2018, 08:35 PM
Post #11

Hello All,

Really thanks a ton for all your replies. I will start my search based on the views.Earlier I was thining V.Forlunda was a good area but then came to know about the areas Tynnered/Grevgarden/Opaltorget to be avoided but not sure about Ruddalen any idea about this place.Also some people suggested to avoid Backa but H.Karra is fine.

But still really thanks a lot for your guidance. I will search more and then will finalize my apartment.

Regards
Gaurav
+
TLSucks
post 16.Jan.2018, 09:54 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 14.Jan.2018, 05:37 PM) *
You obviously don't read the news...or follow daily police reports for that matter.

I live my life in reality, not behind a screen.
+
Fernandis
post 16.Jan.2018, 01:14 PM
Post #13

I agree with you ! my colleague lives in Danderyd which is a most expensive area and majority Swedes live there, last year they had 9 burglaries within one night in the area, obviously, one group was involved.

QUOTE (TLSucks @ 14.Jan.2018, 04:05 PM) *
Lol, I bet you are not even 30. If your were older and lived in a rich area you would know that burglaries were a big problem in the 80s, ----- In the 80s there were about 150 ... (show full quote)
+
TLSucks
post 16.Jan.2018, 02:39 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (ggtm213 @ 14.Jan.2018, 08:35 PM) *
Hello All,Really thanks a ton for all your replies. I will start my search based on the views.Earlier I was thining V.Forlunda was a good area but then came to know about the ... (show full quote)

There are plenty of good areas in Västra Frölunda since that's basically half of the city. Everything south west of the center is Västra Frölunda (including posh areas such as Långedrag and Fiskebäck). Regarding Tynnered/Grevgården/Opaltorget it is a bit of hit and miss if you live in a flat. There are plenty of houses in that area which are fine. I have colleagues who live in there and I have not heard any complaints. Personally, I would avoid the areas closest to Frölunda torg and Opaltorget tram stations, mostly because they are boring as hell.
+
Svedallas
post 16.Jan.2018, 04:00 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Fernandis @ 16.Jan.2018, 01:14 PM) *
I agree with you ! my colleague lives in Danderyd which is a most expensive area and majority Swedes live there, last year they had 9 burglaries within one night in the ... (show full quote)

Indeed. (Some people are obviously naive - see above)

You see the young "kids" (aka adults) walking around in large groups.
Many of the kids are morroccan, who are here illegally...it is a problem in many places in Europe, not just Sweden.

They are also plenty of them who hang around in T-centralen in day and night.
Break-ins are mainly targeted towards the old. Sadly. As they are helpless.

https://www.svd.se/hogsasong-for-inbrott-un...n-morka-vintern
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: