9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

There Is No Life

Like Life In Sweden

Gjeebes
post 29.Jan.2018, 05:22 PM
Post #1

Well, the moment I have been living for, for quite a while. I am now free of the goodest country, with it's Meatballian ilk and it's "head-up-its-ass" ways.

6 years in Sweden...what a waste of time.

And finally,

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 29.Jan.2018, 05:28 PM
Post #2

Nice ass.
+
intrepidfox
post 29.Jan.2018, 05:53 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 29.Jan.2018, 05:28 PM) *
Nice ass.

A bit hangy.

I hope all goes well for you in the future G. Regardeless how much you hated this country, at least you have a new experience in life, negative or positive, it doesn´t really matter. Good luck
+
intrepidfox
post 29.Jan.2018, 05:54 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Ummmmmm @ 29.Jan.2018, 05:26 PM) *
I envy you

Nothing to stop you, just buy a ticket
+
intrepidfox
post 29.Jan.2018, 06:54 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Ummmmmm @ 29.Jan.2018, 06:46 PM) *
Well, there is... it’s called having a family. And now my Swedish wife is well aware of how shitty it is for non Swedes but I gave into her desire and homesickness and gave ... (show full quote)

It´s not shitty for non swedes. It´s normally the individual, especially the English (i am) that can´t be bothered to learn the language and when they can´t get a job or can´t be bothered to adjust they moan
+
intrepidfox
post 29.Jan.2018, 08:05 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Ummmmmm @ 29.Jan.2018, 07:23 PM) *
Nice! I was hoping to get into some pointless exchange on this! Thank you, first of all. How long have you been here, how long did it take to get a personnummer for yo ... (show full quote)

Hi, i moved here the first time in 1984 until 1986. I then came back in 1990 after waiting 1 year for my uppehållstillstånd. It was alot different in those days as Sweden was not in the EU and i had to go via MV as well. Every 6 months i has to renew my permit until i had been here for 2 years, then i got PUT.

In 84 you did SFI because a company would not employ you unless you had done 200 hours. Directly after that magic number i got a job in production at Volvo. The only criteria was that you didn´t have a bad back. So so easy in those days, not like today. I learn´t Swedish there as the people i worked with stated that, yes we can talk to you in English but if we do, you will never learn the language. I am so grateful for that.

Sweden has changed so much especially with crimes and employement. I wish i could give you advice but times have changed.

i do wish you the best of luck. Even if you decide to move back to the USA, learn Swedish as it´s always a plus in later life
+
Bong14
post 29.Jan.2018, 08:19 PM
Post #7

Gjeebes what went wrong in Sweden during those six years? If you don't mind me asking.
I've been here less than one year and I worry a lot about wasting time here because it's quite difficult to do anything, despite liking some things in Sweden.
I've seen your other posts on the forum and know you haven't had an easy time.
Good luck with whatever you do and wherever you go next.
+
Bsmith
post 29.Jan.2018, 08:48 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 29.Jan.2018, 05:53 PM) *
A bit hangy.

I believe the term is påsröv.
+
Bsmith
post 29.Jan.2018, 08:53 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Ummmmmm @ 29.Jan.2018, 07:23 PM) *
I have 5 years experience as a social worker and tried to volunteer for various organizations who worked with homeless or refugees... I worked with all sorts of marginalized p ... (show full quote)

No offense, but a degree and/or experience in social work isn't worth much in the States, as well. Without fluency in Swedish, you will have an uphill climb. Again, as fox said, things have changed, but I was able to get a job 14 years ago with very little Swedish working for a moving company. Especially in the summer when busy season hits, they are looking for strong backs. The work is somewhat interesting as you get to see lots of the country and the pay is okay as well.

Good luck.
+
Martian
post 29.Jan.2018, 09:21 PM
Post #10

I am patiently waiting for @Svedallas epic reply to this cos this is what she has always wanted and waited for. One of your dreams just came through @Svedallas.

@OP, all the best.
+
the_dome
post 29.Jan.2018, 10:10 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 29.Jan.2018, 05:22 PM) *
Well, the moment I have been living for, for quite a while. I am now free of the goodest country, with it's Meatballian ilk and it's "head-up-its-ass" ways. ... (show full quote)

Congratulations!!! I hope that soon enough I will be leaving this craphole and moving to Australia smile.gif where are you going to?
+
Svedallas
post 29.Jan.2018, 10:42 PM
Post #12

Despise you. But its been interesting banter.

Good luck on next journey Jeebees
Come and destroy the threads once is a while...

Crickets on the horizon at the forum.

+
Bsmith
post 29.Jan.2018, 11:13 PM
Post #13

Not insinuating anything of the kind. Some people do turn their noses up at manual labor, but when you don't know the language, sometimes that's all there is. I wasn't aware of your personnummer problem. I was issued a temporary # and the moving co had no problem with that. Granted, this was 14 years ago and much has changed.

Most people who want to move to Sweden have absolutely no idea how hard it is to find a job as they have never experienced anything like it. It is very demoralizing not to be able to support yourself or your family. Good luck to you.
+
Tenacious185
post 30.Jan.2018, 09:15 AM
Post #14

Congrats on the new chapter in your life! I guess you'll be happy in Germany, and will now only visit the forum only to spread love and light. laugh.gif

+
Lamy
post 30.Jan.2018, 12:53 PM
Post #15

Congrats. I am working on my release too. Where are you moving to? I wouldn't mind moving back home, for the first time since a long time living abroad.
+

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: