2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Skatteverket and personnummer

Skatteverket really hate giving out PN's

Bong14
post 14.Feb.2018, 02:21 PM
Post #1

Hey,

So I just got back from Skatteverket to apply for a personal number.

I have my residency permit (uppehålltillstånd) and the card. Took all the paperwork to the office with the form for a PN. The lady at the desk told me that I didn't need uppehålltillstånd because I could have right of residence as an EU citizen. I told her that I now had it so I will apply for it with that, since I know there's all the issues with uppehållsrätt, health insurance etc and knew I'd be rejected if I applied that way. How worried should I be about getting my PN or being rejected? It seems like they do try what they can to stop you getting one.
Go to the top of the page
+
hjoian
post 14.Feb.2018, 05:28 PM
Post #2

You might be one of the lucky ones, they cant refuse every application. Usually turned down by your insurance not having cover for attempted suicide. What insurer did you go with?
+
Bong14
post 14.Feb.2018, 07:14 PM
Post #3

Hjoian, from what I know so far, you don't need health insurance if you have Uppehålltillstånd. But we will see what happens in a week or two. Otherwise I'll be SOL.
+
john.boy
post 14.Feb.2018, 07:38 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (hjoian @ 14.Feb.2018, 05:28 PM) *
You might be one of the lucky ones, they cant refuse every application.

They can refuse every application from someone that has not already been living in Sweden for over 12 months. However, the law gives allowance for them to circumvent the 12+ months requirement if they feel that you provide enough evidence that you will be here for longer than 12 months. There is no must circumvent the 12 month part of the law.

Someone with a residence permit has in their hand the evidence which is the issued duration of the permit.

People claiming Right of Residence is, quite rightly, less certain because Right of Residence is not something applied for, and granted a duration for, you either meet the requirements at this specific moment or you do not.

Thankfully, Skatteverket are one of the best and most efficient public services in Europe.
+
wallace1837
post 14.Feb.2018, 08:02 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (john.boy @ 14.Feb.2018, 07:38 PM) *
Thankfully, Skatteverket are one of the best and most efficient public services in Europe.

What?
https://www.thelocal.se/20171208/sweden-is-...number-problems
+
Savage
post 14.Feb.2018, 08:08 PM
Post #6

National elections are going to take place in a few months, so don't expect anything to change until at least 6 months after the results (either good or bad)
+
Bong14
post 14.Feb.2018, 10:14 PM
Post #7

"Skatteverket are one of the best and most efficient public services in Europe." LOL

Have you ever been to another government agency anywhere else in Europe? In my own experience even by Swedish standards Skatteverket are abysmal. Migrationsverket are far more efficient and knowledgeable than them. Skatteverket are the worst government agency I have ever dealt with. I feel sorry for Swedes who pay so much in tax and still have to deal with it. Terrible value for money.

+
hjoian
post 15.Feb.2018, 10:08 AM
Post #8

[quote name='john.boy'

[/quote]

According to who? I cannot go into details due to ongoing legal case, but i can only imagine that comment was made with a huge dose of sarcasm. Best and most efficient public services are not usually in breach of many EU articles.
+
lovelydovely
post 15.Feb.2018, 04:30 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (john.boy @ 14.Feb.2018, 07:38 PM) *
They can refuse every application from someone that has not already been living in Sweden for over 12 months. However, the law gives allowance for them to circumvent the 12+ m ... (show full quote)

Hey, so if I have been denied a personnumer but continue to live in Sweden for 12 months (work for 4 months than do an unpaid internship) and have proof that I lived here for the whole duration, I can reapply for the personnumer? Would that be breaking some migration rules if I stay longer than 6 months? (I am an EU citizen).
+
Bong14
post 16.Feb.2018, 12:04 AM
Post #10

I think you'd likely be denied, sorry. They want proof that you will be in Sweden longer than 12 months not that you have been here for 12 months, that's the key. Not sure if you'll be breaking migration rules or not being EU but you won't get deported. What are you doing in Sweden if you don't mind my asking?
+
hjoian
post 16.Feb.2018, 12:15 AM
Post #11

Hey, so if I have been denied a personnumer but continue to live in Sweden for 12 months (work for 4 months than do an unpaid internship) and have proof that I lived here for the whole duration, I can reapply for the personnumer? Would that be breaking some migration rules if I stay longer than 6 months? (I am an EU citizen).

You can register your "right of residence" with migrationsverket when you intend to stay longer than 3 months, that puts you in the system, normally just a letter response saying it,your right, has been registered.
Skatterverket are supposed to supply person numbers to people "who intend" to be in Sweden for more than 12 months. I understand many people have been given organisation numbers instead in order to pay tax, but legally, that is for property owners that are not resident.
+
Bong14
post 16.Feb.2018, 11:50 AM
Post #12

Hjoian, I don't think it would work. What Skatteverket say is that you need to be able to prove you will be in Sweden in 12 months time going in to the future, not that you have been in Sweden already for 12 months.
Also if you are trying to register your right of residence you need to be able to prove you have enough money to live and that you have fully comprehensive health insurance from your own country which most people aren't able to get if they have now moved to Sweden.
And yes, you will probably be breaking migration rules by staying longer than six months but since there are no checks on coming or going within the EU this can't be strictly enforced and the whole system seems a bit of a mess.
+
hjoian
post 16.Feb.2018, 12:53 PM
Post #13

I guess it depends if you are here as a worker or someone who is self employed or self supporting. My issue that others do not seem to take onboard, is that even with a 5 year residence permit, proof of funds, house all paid for, Skatterverket are still refusing to issue a personumber. We have proved we are resident and living here, yet the insurance is always used as an excuse not to supply a number. They have not responded to the question if my wife is legally exempt from paying taxes, as they are refusing their duty as tax collectors to issue the means to do so.
+
intrepidfox
post 16.Feb.2018, 01:19 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Savage @ 14.Feb.2018, 08:08 PM) *
National elections are going to take place in a few months, so don't expect anything to change until at least 6 months after the results (either good or bad)

There will be no changes. They have been talking about vård, skolan and omsorg for at least 20 years and nothing has happened
+
hjoian
post 16.Feb.2018, 03:21 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 16.Feb.2018, 01:19 PM) *
There will be no changes. They have been talking about vård, skolan and omsorg for at least 20 years and nothing has happened

I will be interesting to see just how much tax payers money they are willing to spend each day on fines for breaching EU law. Sweden cant seem to adapt at the pace that is needed for the changes they themselves signed up for.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles