Reply to this topic

Pet Travel from Sweden to UK

2018 edition

crossy1686
post 14.Feb.2018, 07:37 PM
Post #1

Hi everyone

I had a quick look over the forum and couldn't find anything relevant for recent years. Last entry on this topic I found was 2015.

Anyway, here's the situation I need help with. I've taken a job in Manchester, UK for the next year so my myself, my wife, our daughter and our French Bulldog will be moving over as of March.

I've been looking into all kinds of transport options for the easiest and cheapest option for travelling with pets into the UK, and I guess out again should we return at a later date.

The cheapest I've been quoted so far is around 1200kr with SAS's Freight Forwarding company they recommended. For that price I expect him to be sat in first class with all the caviar and champagne he could possibly want.

Does anyone have any suggestions on alternate transport options or companies? Any advice would be appreciated.

Some more details for those who are interested. He's a French Bulldog, weights 10kg, about 15kg in a cage for transport. Has his rabies injection done and has a pet passport so that's all taken care of.

So far I've spoke to all the airlines who fly to Manchester. Norwegian outright said no pets. SAS quoted 1200kr through their freight company, British Airways was similar, I am yet to contact Finnair. I've also looked into flying to France with him then getting the Euro Tunnel over to England. Problem with that is you need a car because they don't allow passengers on the train with pets, all pets must be in cars.

Leaving him in Sweden isn't an option so hopefully someone on here who's smarter than me has some advice!

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
Savage
post 14.Feb.2018, 07:59 PM
Post #2

1200:- is peanuts TBH.

Even if you could wrap your dog up in a box and send it via postnord mail, you wouldn't see much change from 1200:- given the size and weight.

In regards to the Eurostar, you have to go from Calais as a car on the chunnel. There are taxis that offer this service (usually from Folkestone to calais) and is usually about £250 / 300 one way.

So its not cheap.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles