Reply to this topic

Employment Contract & Issues

no contract etc.

crazycraic
post 13.Mar.2018, 04:52 PM
Post #1

Hej,

I have recently began working for a registered cleaning company, after struggling for work like many, and have some issues some of you here may be able to help me with.

After attending an interview, amusingly enough at an Arbetsförmedlingen office, I was contacted and offered a cleaner/städare position, based on an hourly contract and started working on 26th February. The first week I got a few hours in, the second week was reasonable and this week has been very quiet.

Now, I understand I may just be slightly impatient or paranoid (this is a small-run business) but I have yet to receive any type of written/signed contract... after repeatedly asking for this a number of times!

Not only that, it is not that far away from the payday and they haven't even took my bank details and/or personal information/ID, to pay me for the hours worked in February.

They have been very quiet since my last shift on Friday, and i've only worked today and what was already agreed would be a regular shift.

Again, I texted one of them last night.. to ask If I could meet this week, sign the contract and provide all the relevant details. Received a rather vague response saying the other boss would get in touch today, which they haven't.

Basically, I'm asking you if I should be concerned or if i'm being a little paranoid?

The labour market in Sweden is quite a new experience to me, not sure if potential shady practices like this can happen often...

I've recently applied to join the Fastighets union... not sure if they can help me or not, or if there's any current collective agreements in place?

I'm just getting fed up of waiting for all this to be done. Not only do I need the contract for protection purposes, Alfa-Kassan and the like also are bugging me to provide a copy for their records.

Come Friday, if I have yet to receive/organised anything i'm not carrying out anymore work details. I'm assume i'm in the right for doing this, if you could consider the fact I don't even have written confirmation of what I get fucking paid an hour?

Apologies if this is a mess. I just need some help!

Is there anyone organisations I can turn to, or court action I could potentially use against them? I am conviced they no longer want me onboard, but I do what the damn money i've earned!

crazycraic.

Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 13.Mar.2018, 05:40 PM
Post #2

Contact Arbetsförmedlingen. They organised the interviews, let them know the situation
+
john.boy
post 13.Mar.2018, 07:19 PM
Post #3

Employment contracts do not have to be written, they can be verbal also.
What the employer must do, according to employment law, is provide you in writing the terms and conditions of your employment that should include, for example, when you start(ed), when your salary will be paid, normal working hours, info about vacations, and much more. The employer must do that within the first month of employment.
+
HiSweden
post 14.Mar.2018, 07:07 PM
Post #4

If someone has 6 months probation contract and it expired, if the employer didnt want to renew it

Can they stop the worker directly or he will be given notice and work 2 weeks (notice.period according to contract) even after the contract is expired?
+
yet another brit
post 14.Mar.2018, 08:08 PM
Post #5

If the employer doesn't explicitly agree the expiry terms of a contract, then it is assumed to become "permanent" (ie "until further notice"). Especially if the written "anställningsbevis" - which is an absolute requirement - was never sent.

Good luck trying to prove it though, as a contract can be verbal or as otherwise acknowledged in a mail or SMS...
+
HiSweden
post 14.Mar.2018, 08:59 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (yet another brit @ 14.Mar.2018, 08:08 PM) *
If the employer doesn't explicitly agree the expiry terms of a contract, then it is assumed to become "permanent" (ie "until further notice"). Especial ... (show full quote)

My contract is visstid so i dont think it can automatically be permanent right?

So once i reach expiry date they can tell me tomorrow no work, and there is no notice period after the expiry date right?
+
HiSweden
post 14.Mar.2018, 08:59 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (yet another brit @ 14.Mar.2018, 08:08 PM) *
If the employer doesn't explicitly agree the expiry terms of a contract, then it is assumed to become "permanent" (ie "until further notice"). Especial ... (show full quote)

My contract is visstid so i dont think it can automatically be permanent right?

So once i reach expiry date they can tell me tomorrow no work, and there is no notice period after the expiry date right?
+
yet another brit
post 14.Mar.2018, 10:14 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (HiSweden @ 14.Mar.2018, 08:59 PM) *
My contract is visstid so i dont think it can automatically be permanent right?. So once i reach expiry date they can tell me tomorrow no work, and there is no notice period after the expiry date right?

As long as they tell you, there is an agreement as to what happens (even a verbal one). If they don't tell you, and you just keep turning up for work, and they pay you, it can be deemed to have become a permanent contract.

+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: