Reply to this topic

How to contest police's closing of investigation

Bus cameras and witnesses yet no evidence

toddysho
post 16.Apr.2018, 01:28 PM
Post #1

Hello again and sorry for yet another inflammatory post from yours truly. I promise I'm not trolling: my luck really is this bad.

At a bus stop, I was pushed out of the bus and attacked. The attacker then smashed my glasses while they were lying on the ground. Several people on the bus and getting on/off the bus saw both things and called the police. I also called the police once the attacker had stopped.

Nevertheless, when the police arrived, I was taken into custody and he wasn't. Interestingly, not one witness had stayed around, and I had only realized this after the panic wore off. One month later, I am finally able to get a response from the investigator, who said that the investigation is "finished", telling me that the bus camera "showed nothing" and that the witnesses "who responded" stated "only that there were two people fighting".

I'm no lawyer, but I'd think that a bloodied person with broken glasses calling the police along with many other people would be more than satisfactory as prima facie evidence of a crime in which I was a victim.

I find every single detail about the situation bizarre. I wouldn't put it past Sweden, but I would hope that even in Sweden police are more competent than that. How can I contest the decision of the police and their handling of the investigation? I talked to an attorney's assistant about it and said I said that I would like to sue the police for misconduct (because I don't know either proper legal wording or even what's possible). She said that she had never heard of anyone suing the police in Sweden and that it would probably be extremely expensive.
Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 16.Apr.2018, 03:48 PM
Post #2

Welcome to the new reality. Victims have less rights than the poor, deprived criminals. Now go back to work and pay your taxes so you can support them.
+
Svedallas
post 16.Apr.2018, 04:27 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (toddysho @ 16.Apr.2018, 02:28 PM) *
Hello again and sorry for yet another inflammatory post from yours truly. I promise I'm not trolling: my luck really is this bad.At a bus stop, I was pushed out of the bus ... (show full quote)

Where did this event take place?

Sweden does not have "Attorney's" so I think this is another troll post - now against Swedish police. F off.
+
Case officer
post 16.Apr.2018, 04:46 PM
Post #4

Åklagarmyndigheten

How to contest a decision to close a criminal investigation
+
toddysho
post 18.Apr.2018, 12:20 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 16.Apr.2018, 04:27 PM) *
Where did this event take place?. Sweden does not have "Attorney's" so I think this is another troll post - now against Swedish police. F off.

This event took place in a bus in Stockholm.

A search for "attorney Stockholm" shows quite a few in Stockholm: https://www.google.com/search?q=attorney+st...-8&oe=utf-8

So fuck off yourself.
+
toddysho
post 18.Apr.2018, 01:01 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Case officer @ 16.Apr.2018, 04:46 PM) *
Åklagarmyndigheten. How to contest a decision to close a criminal investigation

Thanks for the info; Do you know if that costs money to do, like the secretary had implied (being "expensive")?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: