Reply to this topic

Pregnant in Sweden

advice for me

Lixzzbella
post 12.May.2018, 07:08 PM
Post #1

I am here in Sweden working as a nurse.
My work visa soon expires and I will have to go home to Morrocco.
But, I was told I am pregnant.
Now I don't know how to cope.
I am no longer in relationship with the Swedish father.
I want to stay here in Sweden for baby's sake.
I cannot support baby in Morrocco on my own.
I really need advice and I don't know where to get it.
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 12.May.2018, 07:52 PM
Post #2

Apply for a work permit to work as a nurse and include that there are extenuating reasons to allow you to have a work permit without waiting for a decision at home: that you have already had a permit for some time (2 years?) and that you are pregnant.
+
wallace1837
post 14.May.2018, 10:51 AM
Post #3

Read this really carefully: https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...showtopic=86516

Congratulation on the baby. It is just unfortunate that Sweden will be involved in the process. https://www.thelocal.se/20180124/maternity-...-country-sweden . Hopefully you are close to Denmark or Finland.
+
intrepidfox
post 14.May.2018, 03:15 PM
Post #4

Ignore Wallace. He/she is a bitter troll
+
wallace1837
post 14.May.2018, 03:45 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 14.May.2018, 04:15 PM) *
Ignore Wallace. He/she is a bitter troll

Maybe, but this is F-Kassan information that a pregnant foreigner cannot ignore:
https://www.forsakringskassan.se/!ut/p/...ge0V7D7gvgdh_s/

P.S. Continue to talk about your feelings toward the messenger, it will really help a vulnerable person in a difficult situation to wrap her head around this invaluable information that directly concern her situation.
+
Gjeebes
post 14.May.2018, 04:32 PM
Post #6

Ignore Intrepidfox. He/she is a bitter British expat regretting his/her remaining as "settled" in the mess that currently defines the state of merry ole Sweden, as he/she only just now sees it for what it really is.

OP, sorry to say, you are in a tough spot. Unfortunately my only advice to you would be to prepare for the worst. Do not count on actual rules, nor logic, nor reason, to play any role in your dealings with the Swedish bureaucracy.
+
nicola4444
post 17.May.2018, 11:41 AM
Post #7

How far away is your due date?
Have you applied for work permit extension yet?
Is your employer a certified employer?

If you want to stay in Sweden, I think you can apply for work permit extension from within Sweden and wait here. But then once your initial work permit expires, I don't think you can get paid parental leave (check out Försäkringskassan website). Hopefully someone else can also comment on this.

If your employer is certiifed, your waiting time shouldn't be TOO long. But if not, you're looking at a waiting time of over 6 months, possibly even a year

+
nicola4444
post 17.May.2018, 11:42 AM
Post #8

Wallace1837 posted the försäkringskassan link I was referring to - if you wanna apply within Sweden and you want money from the Swedish government, it is important you read the link
+

Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Popular articles