Reply to this topic

Wisdom teeth removal in Sweden

Oral Surgeon reccomendations

dotti43
post 15.May.2018, 09:59 PM
Post #1

I need to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed. Three of the four teeth are impacted and two are impacted in the bone. I had an appointment with a really great oral surgeon here in Sweden. My only reservation is that he doesn't offer IV sedation for the procedure.

The dental surgeon informed me that IV sedation isn't used anywhere in Sweden for wisdom teeth extraction. Is this true? unsure.gif He said he also worked in the UK where he used it all the time.

He wants to give me diazepam with local anaesthetic, but I'm very nervous about this. He doesn't even offer nitrous oxide either.

When I had another consultation years back in the USA (I chickened out and didn't go through with it) they were going to use IV sedation.

I'd like to get a second opinion so I'm wondering if there is anywhere in Sweden that uses IV sedation or at least nitrous oxide with oral sedatives. Are there any oral surgeons you can recommend for the procedure? I live in Malmö, but I'm willing to travel anywhere in Sweden.. even to Denmark or other surrounding areas.
Go to the top of the page
+
rex
post 15.May.2018, 10:30 PM
Post #2

I've removed a wisdom tooth without diazepam, just with a local anesthetic; they even had to do some digging around. The entire procedure took less than an hour, I was home an hour later happily eating my favorite protein ice cream. I've also done a tooth implant procedure the same way. It doesn't hurt at all, and honestly it's better if you're conscious and responsive at all times. That way if something happens you can immediately tell about it rather than lie like a sack of potatoes on the operating chair.

+
Svedallas
post 16.May.2018, 01:31 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (dotti43 @ 15.May.2018, 10:59 PM) *
I need to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed. Three of the four teeth are impacted and two are impacted in the bone. I had an appointment with a really great oral surg ... (show full quote)

Check with emergency dentists/akuten.
They usually do have much better options than regular dentists.
+
yet another brit
post 16.May.2018, 09:26 PM
Post #4

Have had three out of four out now, all under local anesthetic. It was all a bit undignified, and somewhat uncomfortable (keep still with a surgical shroud stuck in your mouth), but honestly wasn't in any way painful...so don't worry too much about it and just chalk it up.

If you shop around the private dentists, you'll likely find someone who will do it under NO. To get a general, you'd have to have a referral to a FM surgery clinic, I suspect. Not impossible but...
+
Cheeseroller
post 18.May.2018, 08:03 AM
Post #5

Two worst dental experiences of my life were in Sweden. Dentist started a root canal treatment not only on the wrong tooth, but drilled from the FRONT of the incisor instead of the back. That resulted in the need to visit the emergency dental A&E in Stockholm late at night as the pain injections wore off. I was quoted a price of 15.000:- by a second dentist to perform the second stage of the treatment.

A front incisor had been damaged during a car accident. Had repeated repairs from two different dentists in Sweden. Each repair lasted no longer then 2 years.

I then decided to have both issues repaired using a dentist in Kiev, following the advice of a friend. Total dental cost was 400 Euro. The dental surgery was out of this world - modern, fresh, a gentle dentist (I have a phobia about dental work) and with a 3d X-ray machine, I had not seen before. So for less than 10.000:- both procedures were done (the chipped tooth repair is still good 5 years on) and we had a very pleasant long weekend in Kiev with excellent food.
+
Svedallas
post 18.May.2018, 08:20 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 18.May.2018, 09:03 AM) *
Two worst dental experiences of my life were in Sweden. Dentist started a root canal treatment not only on the wrong tooth, but drilled from the FRONT of the incisor instead o ... (show full quote)

I admit, our dentists are not the best.
Many people usually go to Turkey, Poland, or Estonia search for "tandresan"

+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Popular articles