The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Please help me, I am disappointed

WORK PERMIT is in process but terminated offer

mayJ
post 7.Jul.2018, 02:16 PM
Post #1

QUOTE (xmsms @ 11.Feb.2016, 06:15 AM) *
My case is still no news, perhaps more than 3 months sad.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
mayJ
post 7.Jul.2018, 02:31 PM
Post #2

Hi I am an IT engineer from India over decade of work experience. I got an offer from Swedish company which I accepted, and I resigned my current Job in India. It's been almost 5 months my VISA decision yet to decided by MV. But in mean time company terminated my offer as they don't have requirement for the position. I am surprised as I and my Family all prepared for move. Could some help and guide/suggest would be great help.
+
Martian
post 9.Jul.2018, 03:08 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (mayJ @ 7.Jul.2018, 03:31 PM) *
Hi I am an IT engineer from India over decade of work experience. I got an offer from Swedish company which I accepted, and I resigned my current Job in India. It's been a ... (show full quote)

The best advise I can give you is to find a way of getting your Indian job back. Waiting for any good news from migrationsverket is like chasing shadows. Otherwise, start looking for another job in India. If you desperately need to move away from India, you should divert your job hunting energy to more civilized countries like Canada.
+
miataylor
post 19.Jul.2018, 04:20 PM
Post #4

Even I would also suggest you join any company in India itself. Before migration, you should be prepared with your documents instead of resigning from a job.
+
todorin62
post 20.Jul.2018, 02:00 PM
Post #5

Technically it's not legal to rescind an accepted and agreed employment offer without cause. However, since its probably a probation attached to the employment offer the notice period is only two weeks. I would say that they are technically required to pay you for two weeks of work but in your situation, I would probably just drop the matter.
+
gsurya
post 23.Jul.2018, 09:38 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (mayJ @ 7.Jul.2018, 02:31 PM) *
Hi I am an IT engineer from India over decade of work experience. I got an offer from Swedish company which I accepted, and I resigned my current Job in India. It's been a ... (show full quote)

I was in a similar situation like you last year, I had got my job offer in April 2017, but my visa came through only in September. Fortunately, my Swedish employer waited for me.

Usually Swedish employers are quite ethical, you should reveal the name of yours. Was it an IT services shop who are usually bodyshopping or a genuine end customer?

It was a bad idea to quit your job before the visa came through, so only option for you is to find another quickly in India as your visa application is also no longer valid since the offer is terminated.
+
mayJ
post 29.Jul.2018, 02:00 PM
Post #7

Hi Thanks for sharing views,
Basically I had to agree that I am ignorant of how MV works. I thought it will be remote case where grating VISA requires 6 months or more. My initial guess was 3-4 Months many be. As current notice period in Indian company that I was working was 2 months thought for giving early notice,
just to take some break and update my skill set. But situation later found to be very different for non-certified MV companies. And later I started reading same stories like mine in forums.
If I could have understood this initially, I would not be in this position.

Though the Swedish company that offered me is software product based. I am surprised with decision, and this could happen in europe and that too in Nordic country. Whole in my entire 14 years of IT career I worked for only U.S based companies, this is shock.

I did get some information from this forum only, that, as the offer termination only intimated by mail only and is not gone upto the MV( as I have not got any application cancellation mail from MV) my application is still valid and If VISA approved, I can have 3 months in which I need to search another Job in Sweden, later I need to re-register my sponsor company.

Currently the present Swedish company that offered me was apologetic. And would consider my candidacy if any requirement soon arises. Mean while, in India my financial condition is not so pathetic can be managed further 2 or 3 months as I am freelancer also. In mean time I am applying other jobs in Sweden with cover letter explaining my condition, few employer responded with optimistically. I hope after Swedish summer holiday, I may have clear picture, what to do next. In mean time I request you people, please provide any helpful links or contacts would be great help. Thanks.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: