Reply to this topic

Being unfairly dismissed

What to do if employer wants to reverse it??

biselin
post 8.Aug.2018, 01:00 PM
Post #1

I was recently dismissed from my permanent employment contract in Sweden, unfairly in my view.

The employer now perhaps wants to reverse it - presumably feeling bad (or liable) for having done it wrongfully.

Any thoughts what I should do? The relationship with the boss is toxic because of the firing, including with a colleague who betrayed my confidence. I could not image going back. Do I have to, if they offer??

Help!

Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 8.Aug.2018, 03:43 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (biselin @ 8.Aug.2018, 01:00 PM) *
I was recently dismissed from my permanent employment contract in Sweden, unfairly in my view.The employer now perhaps wants to reverse it - presumably feeling bad (or liable) ... (show full quote)

The only thing you can do is contact your union, if you are a member. No one can force you to go back, you are already unemployed. The biggest question is, do you have A-kassan???
+
Gjeebes
post 10.Aug.2018, 12:54 PM
Post #3

"The only thing you can do is contact your union, if you are a member."

And as a foreigner "member", you can expect your local Swedish union representative to do sweet-fuck-all for you.
+
Svedallas
post 10.Aug.2018, 03:25 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 8.Aug.2018, 04:43 PM) *
The only thing you can do is contact your union, if you are a member. No one can force you to go back, you are already unemployed. The biggest question is, do you have A-kassan???

+1

A-kassa
+
john.boy
post 10.Aug.2018, 04:56 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (biselin @ 8.Aug.2018, 02:00 PM) *
I was recently dismissed from my permanent employment contract in Sweden, unfairly in my view.

Define dismissed? There are very few ways an employer can remove employees, if dismiss = fired rather than made redundant due to lack of work, then it normally has to have been proceeded by written warnings, or they considered it very serious! It isn't easy to dismiss employees in Sweden.

If you were a member of a Trade Union, which I tend to doubt given the info you present, then they would have gone to the Trade Union first, which you do not mention.

I would hazard a guess that they realised that maybe they didn't have a good case, just in case you took it to the employment court, so offer back the position and then will probably find appropriate grounds, most likely lack of work, to remove you in a neater way.
+
Gjeebes
post 10.Aug.2018, 05:15 PM
Post #6

"I would hazard a guess that they realised that maybe they didn't have a good case, just in case you took it to the employment court, so offer back the position and then will probably find appropriate grounds, most likely lack of work, to remove you in a neater way."

In which case, OP, tell them to go fuck themselves, and take it to court for unfair dismissal - what is by now a Meatballian tradition.

Spend the money you get getting as far away from the Meatballs as you can.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 10.Aug.2018, 09:16 PM
Post #7

If they get you with a reversal, I say elbow to the gut, turn around, wrap them up and DDT!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: