Reply to this topic

Skatteverket to collect taxes

for work done outside SWE

plop
post 9.Aug.2018, 10:04 PM
Post #1

Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this:

Is it legal for Skatteverket to want to collect taxes for work done outside Sweden?
My case: I studied in Sweden until January 2017 and in the meantime I worked part time with an online company based in the UK (with which I continue to work after I left Sweden).
Now I'm getting letters from the Skatteverket asking me to pay taxes for the whole year as if I have lived there the whole year (I was only there for 1 month). Is there a way to show them I haven't lived there since February 2017? I remember when I left I went to their office and informed them about the departure.
Go to the top of the page
+
john.boy
post 10.Aug.2018, 05:09 PM
Post #2

When you become tax resident in Sweden then you become liable for taxation on Global Income, so yes it is legal.

You say you went to Skatteverket to notify them, did you make sure they removed you from the population register? If not, then you may still be considered as resident in Sweden, even if you gave them a foreign address (that could be considered temporary and you still be liable for GLobal Income taxation, taking into account any taxation agreements with whichever country you went to).

You should easily be able to prove you were outside of Sweden, rental contracts, foreign utility bills, transport tickets out of sweden etc. etc.
+
plop
post 10.Aug.2018, 06:13 PM
Post #3

Hello,

Actually after I moved out they sent a letter that stated "beslut:
skatteverket avregistrerar dig fran folkbokforingen..." so yes, they removed me from the population register.
Is it possible for them to register a person once again without the person asking for this registration? (if that is the case, I haven't received their notification?)
+
Svedallas
post 10.Aug.2018, 09:10 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (plop @ 10.Aug.2018, 07:13 PM) *
Hello,Actually after I moved out they sent a letter that stated "beslut:skatteverket avregistrerar dig fran folkbokforingen..." so yes, they removed me from the popu ... (show full quote)

You have to send in evidence that you did not live in Sweden during that time.

If you do not have any evidence, you have to pay.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 11.Aug.2018, 03:06 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 10.Aug.2018, 10:10 PM) *
You have to send in evidence that you did not live in Sweden during that time. . If you do not have any evidence, you have to pay.

Agree.

Show them evidence of you not living there. However, if you worked for one month while living there... You would have to pay taxes for that. I don't know for sure but when skatteverket wants you to pay for the whole year they probably mean fiscal year, meaning anything you worked within that period....

They can't tax you on money you didn't earn.... Unless you are saying they expect you to pay taxes on what you earned OUTSIDE of Sweden while you weren't registered there...

In that case I say ignore it.... You don't live or work in that country anymore.... What could happen? That isn't rhetorical, if any EU members have insight is be keen to hear.

+
the_dome
post 12.Aug.2018, 02:09 AM
Post #6

Just don’t pay it, if you aren’t a citizen they can suck your d
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: