Reply to this topic

What do you pay for Electricity?

Winter is coming

hoodrat
post 5.Sep.2018, 10:22 AM
Post #1

Hi

I'm keen to find out what the rough average KWH cost is where you are, not including the cost of the grid companies, just the cost of the electricity generation?

I'm looking at ways to get my cost down, but without knowing what is the rough middle ground I have nothing to go on.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 5.Sep.2018, 10:51 AM
Post #2

Månadsavgift 605kr
Elavtal årsavgift 35kr (per month)

El rörligt pris 81.2 öre / kWh
Elöverföring 24. Öre/ kwh
Energiskatt 41.38 öre /kWh

The above includes moms.

Ps. The price you pay won't save you electricity. Using it less will!
+
Bsmith
post 5.Sep.2018, 11:00 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 5.Sep.2018, 10:51 AM) *
Ps. The price you pay won't save you electricity. Using it less will!

Exactly. Look at your biggest energy suckers and reduce how much you use them. Start with those and work your way down the list. You'd be surprised at how much you can save if you aggressively monitor your usage.
+
intrepidfox
post 5.Sep.2018, 02:01 PM
Post #4

Try elskling.se to check out the competiion
+
hoodrat
post 5.Sep.2018, 02:19 PM
Post #5

I'm going to be shopping around, so I'm only interested in KWh rates so I can have a benchmark, I have a pretty good plan on energy usage reduction already.

Thanks
+
Berkeley
post 5.Sep.2018, 02:48 PM
Post #6

I'm paying 0.862 kr/kWh + 35kr avgift/month and have no idea if that's good or bad. We used around 12,000kWh per year a couple of years ago but after a ruthless campaign of attacking every source of power consumption I could find around this house we are now down to about 9000 kWh per year. My neighbour told me recently he uses 15,000kWh per year so I think we are doing ok!

The biggest areas I found to reduce our consumption were:

- Lighting (swapping out fluorescent to LED, putting daylight sensors on the outside lighting so it only runs in darkness and even small changes like finding out the cooker hood bulbs were filament type 20W each and changing to 2W LED bulbs)
- Draught proofing every window and door with the little foam strips. Cost xx kr, saves you xxx kr per year!
- Lagging the heating and hot water pipes with extra insulation

+
Berkeley
post 6.Sep.2018, 07:18 AM
Post #7

I had a look at the elskling site mentioned above, I copied and pasted the below which was the best offer for fast price. I don't really understand how this relates to my current bill which is split into elnät and elhandel. Or would the below just replace the elhandel part of my bill and I would still be laying elnät charges to the company who own the electricity meter?

Fast pris
Elpris (inkl. elcertifikat, exkl. moms) 48,79
Inga fasta avgifter 0,00
Inget påslag för miljöavtal 0,00
Moms Mervärdesskatt, 25% + 12,20
Totalt 60,99 öre/kWh, inkl. allt
+
hoodrat
post 6.Sep.2018, 04:43 PM
Post #8

So our cost of actual electricity, not the network charge on top is 33,90 öre/kWh.

I guess that's not too bad?
+
Hopgood
post 12.Sep.2018, 09:28 AM
Post #9

I just took a look at my supplier's webpage. I find it very confusing actually as these numbers don't seem to compare easily to those posted above. Can anyone tell me if this is a good or bad price? Also, any tips on getting a better deal, apart from the elskling site?

Avtalsform Fastpris Vattenkraft
Fast avgift 35,00 kr / Mån
Elpris 0,4558 kr / kWh

Ditt elpris består av
El 0,3646 kr / kWh
Moms 0,0912 kr / kWh
Totalt 0,4558 kr / kWh
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: