Can I just move to Sweden?

What do I need to do?

Fiki
post 11.Sep.2018, 12:14 PM
Post #1

Hi.
I wanna move to Sweden.
I am 21 years old.
I have a degree from a London university.
I have £100,000 (1.2 million sek)savings in my bank.
I want to move here and buy an apartment.
Can I just move after I buy the apartment?
I have lots of friends in Sweden on social media etc.
What are my options?
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 11.Sep.2018, 01:23 PM
Post #2

Get a job here first. That's not as much money as it might feel.
+
Svedallas
post 11.Sep.2018, 08:13 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Fiki @ 11.Sep.2018, 01:14 PM) *
Hi.I wanna move to Sweden.I am 21 years old.I have a degree from a London university.I have £100,000 (1.2 million sek)savings in my bank.I want to move here and buy an apartm ... (show full quote)

no job...

just friends on "social media" good luck with that. laugh.gif laugh.gif

daft!
+
intrepidfox
post 11.Sep.2018, 08:47 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Fiki @ 11.Sep.2018, 11:14 AM) *
Hi.I wanna move to Sweden.I am 21 years old.I have a degree from a London university.I have £100,000 (1.2 million sek)savings in my bank.I want to move here and buy an apartm ... (show full quote)

You were asking about social money on another post. If you have that much money saved, you will get no financial help. Get a job first if you decide to move here
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 12.Sep.2018, 06:54 PM
Post #5

Be ready to live in short term rental. Second hand is the main rental market here in sweden. That's 6 months to 1 year contract and then move to another place. Don't let people deceive you, that's the way it is here in sweden.

The market is so bad that there is even a black market for rentals with scams every week.

Queue for long term rental are between 5 to 10 years for affordable apartments.

They are going to clean your wallet if you buy an apartment here. Unless you speak swedish you will never get a job. Most jobs including engineering require these days swedish.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 13.Sep.2018, 08:23 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Fiki @ 11.Sep.2018, 01:14 PM) *

Also I would like to add...

You are 21, you own 1.2 Million sek. Tell me how many youngsters have that privilege?.

And your idea is to move to one of the countries with the biggest housing bubbles in Europe, spend all your savings in an overpriced apartment?!.

I don't mean to be rude but there are better options to double that money into a profit.

Let me tell you what you should do with that money... you should invest it in the stock market. All of it. Because if you buy an apartment in Sweden chances are you will never see that money back, plus there is no way you are going to find an apartment for the money you have.

If I had that money I could make a 50%-100% return a year, reinvest the profit and still have enough money to make a living in a small room in the UK. (I know about investment)

I am amazed how people can fall for the hype about sweden. Seriously sweden IS NOT an easy country.
+
Alexandra92
post Today, 14:19
Post #7

Before you buying an apartment, you should first and foremost get a job. If you are going to borrow for your residence, you must have a steady income before the banks can approve you. One tip is to read a bit about how the banks work here in Sweden and also how our mortgage system works smile.gif
After searching for "Bolån", I found this good guide that shows what you should know about. You must first translate the text into English though.

Hope it's helpful!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: