Reply to this topic

Company said they'd get back to me in ten days?

Calendar days or work days?

kona
post 13.Sep.2018, 07:28 PM
Post #1

American here. I had an interview with a Swedish company (in English), and they said they'd get back to me in ten days, which by the calendar was a couple days ago. Do you think ten days meant calendar days or work days? I'm thinking of following up, and if they meant work days, then I'll wait a bit longer.
Go to the top of the page
+
GamlaSkogHisingHope
post 14.Sep.2018, 08:54 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (kona @ 13.Sep.2018, 07:28 PM) *
American here. I had an interview with a Swedish company (in English), and they said they'd get back to me in ten days, which by the calendar was a couple days ago. Do you ... (show full quote)

Do follow up, because in Sweden they rarely adhere to such pronouncements. In fact for most jobs, companies will not respond to candidates unless they want to hire them. This, coupled with slow decision-making process, is less than ideal for job-seekers.
+
john.boy
post 17.Sep.2018, 05:32 PM
Post #3

It doesn't matter if work days or not, 10 days is short by normal standards. It means they had a few interviews left, and not yet made up their mind. Follow-up, as it shows continued interest, if you do not they might believe you found something else. If you are a front-runner then they will respond reasonably quickly and explain what the status is, don't forget to ask next steps. If they want more time without a reasonable explanation, then they have found the one, made an offer and waiting for either acceptance and/or the selected to serve their notice period with their current employer.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: