The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Skatteverket investigation on registration

Don't have any address of residence

Aleen
post 5.Nov.2018, 02:16 PM
Post #1

I'm currently living in a shared appartement but can't register to the address. A friend told me I could use her address as a c/o.

Skatteverket sent a mail to my friend asking for some informations and she got scared so she said that I was only using her address for my mail and that I wasn't living for her. She also forgot to tell me I received a bunch of mails since September from Skatteverket. The last one is asking me a lots of questions like where do I sleep, how often, do I still live there or there, where do I work, am I a student... so now I guess I'm f*cked.

I really can't register to my current address, so I know it's not super legal and so this situation is my fault. I already have a personnumber, a stable job, a banq account...
But has anyone been in a similar situation ? What was your solution ? What are the consequences if I can't come up with an address of residence ?
Go to the top of the page
+
Cedar2
post 7.Nov.2018, 08:00 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Aleen @ 5.Nov.2018, 03:16 PM) *
I'm currently living in a shared appartement but can't register to the address. A friend told me I could use her address as a c/o.Skatteverket sent a mail to my friend ... (show full quote)

If you can't give them a place where you live then you will be deregistered and if you are on a resident permit holder skattvarket will pass the information to other authorities and you may lose your residence status.
This happened to me when I registered a post box as my address because I had no house and slept in a hostel. I gave them a hostel name and told them to receive my letters by the posts box.
+
intrepidfox
post 7.Nov.2018, 08:34 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Aleen @ 5.Nov.2018, 01:16 PM) *
I'm currently living in a shared appartement but can't register to the address. A friend told me I could use her address as a c/o.Skatteverket sent a mail to my friend ... (show full quote)

Skatteverket do not usually ask these questions. Are you sure? I was homeless once (Proper, lived in a cellar) and i used a p o box as my adress. they were not happy.

Why cant you use your address where you are living? is your landlord cheating the system. Fuck him, register, you should not suffer. Also get a new place asap
+
mirnass
post 12.Nov.2018, 10:22 PM
Post #4

I actually asked a friend (who's been in Sweden for 30ish years) about this and here's the gist of what he said:

For most landlords giving an address isn't an issue, they don't have to pay any extra tax or fees on the income they earn from the apartment/room rental (or its minimal enough that they don't care), and they don't have to pre-register or safety-check the place, so there's also no technical hassle aside from not cramming 6 people in a 1a apartment. I think there's also rules about student housing and how it can't be rented out to non-students. But I don't know why your friend freaked out.

People who WOULD have problems with Skatteverket finding out they're renting their (or part of) apartment, are those receiving housing benefits. Basically if SK finds out they have more than their stated income, they cut off those benefits. So, depending on their situation, either they are seriously cheating the system (in which case as intrepidfox said, you could fuck them over), or they're so deep in shit (I don't know, gambling, drugs, alcohol, mafia, illegal etc.) that they can't afford to lose the benefit.

Having said that, you can always find random strangers that would let you use their address (or a colleague, classmate, professor, etc.). I know there are also a few people that charge a small fee per month (like a PO box I guess) and they do the same. Otherwise, try to find a new place ASAP
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: