The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Getting a person number while being self-employed

...in another EU country

theiceage
post 8.Nov.2018, 08:24 AM
Post #1

Hej people,

I'm offered a 12 month freelance contract in Stockholm. I know from past experiences in sweden that staying there without a person number, is a nightmare. I'm relocating from germany together with my wife.

Question is: does applying/getting a person number always means paying taxes and being involved in the swedish social security system? I'm officially self-employed in germany and pay taxes in germany. I also have my rental-plan and health insurance from germany. The only thing I need this person number for is to have less troubles in day to day life. So is it possible to obtain the number and stay away from all the financial stuff? Or is this always connected?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 8.Nov.2018, 09:26 AM
Post #2

Personal numbers are only for Swedish residents. Swedish residents pay Swedish taxes and Swedish insurance contributions.
+
Uncle Fred
post 8.Nov.2018, 11:10 AM
Post #3

Your in the wrong forum, you should be in Visas like the rest.
+
SmokerT69
post 8.Nov.2018, 12:18 PM
Post #4

Could he not get a coordination number? That's what they've technically done with me. They still refuse to register me as living in Sweden, so they gave me a coordination number so I can pay the basic taxes and the rest are suppose to get refunded to me in April or May apparently. According to skatteverket, I'm still living in the UK even though I have been here for 2 years.
+
Martian
post 8.Nov.2018, 08:22 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 8.Nov.2018, 12:18 PM) *
Could he not get a coordination number? That's what they've technically done with me. They still refuse to register me as living in Sweden, so they gave me a coordinat ... (show full quote)

Have you heard about something called "Request to conclude a case"? You don't have to continue like this if you don't want to. This specific law is meant for cases like yours. Thank me later when you have acted on it. Link below:

English form:

https://www.migrationsverket.se/download/18...a%20case_en.pdf

@OP, sorry for digressing your thread a bit. I believe @case officer has already answered your question.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: