The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Best way to listen to Swedish with subtitles

Audiobooks? TV? Something else?

northernlad
post 13.Nov.2018, 10:22 PM
Post #1

Hello

I've been learning Swedish for around a year. My writing, reading and (to some extent) speaking has progressed, but I find listening by far the most difficult. Partly as I find Swedes speak quickly and not that clearly, partly lack of vocab, and partly not enough practise yet.

I find it really helps to have (Swedish) subtitles when listening. But regular TV channels here don't seem to have subtitles. And the audibook apps I've found don't either.

What are the best ways you listen to Swedish with subtitles? Or best things to listen to more generally? Any thoughts or creative ideas welcome!

Cheers
northernlad
Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 14.Nov.2018, 08:56 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (northernlad @ 13.Nov.2018, 10:22 PM) *
HelloI've been learning Swedish for around a year. My writing, reading and (to some extent) speaking has progressed, but I find listening by far the most difficult. Partly ... (show full quote)

Use text tv side 199
+
ChocOwl
post 14.Nov.2018, 10:36 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (northernlad @ 13.Nov.2018, 10:22 PM) *
But regular TV channels here don't seem to have subtitles. And the audibook apps I've found don't either.

What TV channels are you looking at? I think all the free streaming services like SVT play, UR play,TV4 play etc have the option of turning captions on. So if you are streaming TV rather than using an actual TV it is easy to get subtitles. It's also handy ot be able to pause and rewind sometimes...

I think there are some audio (children's) books on Spotify with text, e.g. som Astrid Lindgren stories.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: