The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

2million kr to move here?

Is it enough?

Fiki
post 17.Jan.2019, 08:02 PM
Post #1

I have around 2million kr in my bank accounts.
I have a strong degree from a good British university.
Is it possible to move here, buy an apartment with this money and get a job in Sweden?
Any job would be great. As long as I can afford to live, it doesn’t need to be lots of money.
And since I’ll own my own property, I am somewhat self sufficient.
I live in the UK at the moment.

Do I need to secure a job before I move here, or can I move here based on the money I have and buy property first, before finding a job?
Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 17.Jan.2019, 08:29 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Fiki @ 11.Sep.2018, 12:14 PM) *
Hi.I wanna move to Sweden.I am 21 years old.I have a degree from a London university.I have £100,000 (1.2 million sek)savings in my bank.I want to move here and buy an apartm ... (show full quote)

Make your mind up
+
Bsmith
post 17.Jan.2019, 11:53 PM
Post #3

Wow, the OP must have made some good investments. I wonder if he is that famous Nigerian prince that I keep reading about...
+
djmarko
post 19.Jan.2019, 10:05 AM
Post #4

If I was you, invest your money in stocks and shares!
+
gsurya
post 19.Jan.2019, 02:01 PM
Post #5

You will be surprised how fast 2 million SEK can disappear, so plan to get a job asap if and when you get here.

Even if you own your own apartment and live frugally, you will need a minimum of 10000 SEK per month to live decently if its just on your own.

Also, better to buy property on a mortgage loan than use your hard cash; invest that with a 50% risk across stocks, mutual funds and bonds.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 3.Feb.2019, 05:12 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (djmarko @ 19.Jan.2019, 11:05 AM) *
If I was you, invest your money in stocks and shares!

+1000

The problem is he thinks sweden is a paradise without realizing that he will lose his 2 million in sweden to get nothing in return. The marketing about sweden abroad is massive and some people like him fall for that trap.

The stock market is not for everybody and not everybody can see the potential the stock market has to increase your net worth.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: