The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

EHIC card and Coordination Number

Will I get a samordningsnummer by using my EHIC?

dgj5911
post 18.Jan.2019, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Hi there, if I use my EHIC card to go to the doctor/hospital here, will I be automatically be issued a coordination number (samordningsnummer)?
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 18.Jan.2019, 04:27 PM
Post #2

No
+
bonviveur
post 18.Jan.2019, 05:27 PM
Post #3

if doctor/hospital ask skateverket for it you will.
+
SmokerT69
post 18.Jan.2019, 11:37 PM
Post #4

Coordination number has nothing to do with health services. They won't even take it down if you give it to them, they will instead ask for your passport and take a copy of that instead. The coordination number is only for taxes with skatteverket. The banks won't accept it either. It's essentially useless and only for paying taxes.

I was just at the hospital 2 weeks ago and I tried to use my coordination number. The nurses came back a few minutes later and said the number I gave them is not acceptable. They then asked for a FRM number or something, apparently something for refugees. I obviously don't have one of those, so they just took my British passport and photocopied it instead. At the end, they said they created a medical number for me if I understood her correctly. So whenever I go back to a hospital in Sweden, they will have my previous information there already.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: