The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Renting a private villa

Are there rules for private owners?

kempyyyy
post 11.Feb.2019, 02:21 PM
Post #1

Hi,

I'd just like to ask if private villa owners can only rent out their properties for short term? 6 months - 1 year?

The reason I asked is because I found a villa in blocket from a private owner and he says we can rent it long term. Of course it is expensive, but the attractive thing is you can stay long term until you have waited several years on the housing queue.

So I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on this. Can they owners really rent their private villas long term?
Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 11.Feb.2019, 03:05 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (kempyyyy @ 11.Feb.2019, 02:21 PM) *
Hi,I'd just like to ask if private villa owners can only rent out their properties for short term? 6 months - 1 year?The reason I asked is because I found a villa in block ... (show full quote)

Yes. Just get a contract for the rental
+
yet another brit
post 11.Feb.2019, 10:20 PM
Post #3

So I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on this. Can they owners really rent their private villas long term?

Yes, they can, for as long as they like. It is after all, theirs! So can people who *own* flats; genuinely owned apartments - as opposed to being a member of a bostadsrättsförening - are few though. And if someone owns the whole block, they can rent to whoever they want.

More or less by definition though, the rent on a house will be higher than the mortgage+costs for buying an equivalent property yourself.
+
kempyyyy
post 13.Feb.2019, 09:18 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (yet another brit @ 12.Feb.2019, 05:20 AM) *
So I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on this. Can they owners really rent their private villas long term?Yes, they can, for as long as they like. It is after all, t ... (show full quote)

Can we check online if the address is owned by an individual?
+
yet another brit
post 13.Feb.2019, 08:18 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (kempyyyy @ 13.Feb.2019, 09:18 AM) *
Can we check online if the address is owned by an individual?

Not directly, I don't think. But the information is public - if you try to find it is says "contact the Land Registry customer services". As a private person they should tell you, and probably for free.

There are lots of companies who will package and sell property information, but as it is mostly used for commercial purposes, their customers are usually people who have to pay.

+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: