The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Floor heating new rådhuset

questions about floor heating

juamgo
post 23.Mar.2019, 09:16 AM
Post #1

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this:
We are about to get a new rådhuset which has heating floor system. We have never had this before so we have a few questions:
1. For a 85 sqm, which temperature should we set the heating system in order to be warm enough inside?
2. is it better to have running on 24/7 from, for example October to April, or perhaps turn it off a few hours a day?

Thanks in advance,
Go to the top of the page
+
yet another brit
post 23.Mar.2019, 04:09 PM
Post #2

Assume you mean water-driven (as opposed to electric).

Just set the thermostat and see what you like. They don't have to be massively hot to work well - but obviously has to be warmer than the room it is heating. If you have to set it manually then try 30 degrees and see what happens. But they are designed to run 24/7.
+
TheExpatEagle
post 23.Mar.2019, 10:14 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (yet another brit @ 23.Mar.2019, 04:09 PM) *
Assume you mean water-driven (as opposed to electric).Just set the thermostat and see what you like. They don't have to be massively hot to work well - but obviously has t ... (show full quote)

To add to this, I would expect that it is fed off of the central heating system so once it is warm it should be cheap to run.

For example, most home run at 22/23 degrees so the floor only needs to not be cold as opposed to be warm. So if it is set to the room temperature then it will just be part of the feed.

As cold air falls (English homes have freezing floors) then if you set the floor temp too high it could cost a lot as it will be continually be working.

The people I know who have it only really use it in the bathroom and bedroom. It is better to wear socks and slippers when at home.

I'm someone who has the window ajar when it's -20 outside. smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: