The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Kindergarten hours for 3,5 years old in Malmö

any detailed information?

mstiteltr
post 13.Apr.2019, 01:53 PM
Post #1

Dear users,

My wife won her Ph.D. in Malmö and we will move from Turkey to Malmö in October. However, I couldn't find a very detailed answer to my question about our little one's education.

She is now 3 years old and when we arrive there she will be around 3,5.

I would like to send her to a kindergarten in Malmö however when I check the information online it says that she can go only 15 hours per week. My wife will be at the university but at the same time, I want to look for a job in the city. How can it be possible when my daughter will be with me? Do I have the right information about this 15 hours of limit? Could you please inform me?

I wish you will have time for me.

thank you
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 13.Apr.2019, 04:21 PM
Post #2

Everyone is entitled to 15 hours a week. If one of is unemployed you might not get to choice exactly when these hours are.

If you find a job and start work full time, the local council (kommune) is obliged to have a place available for your child full time.
+
mstiteltr
post 13.Apr.2019, 07:06 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 13.Apr.2019, 06:21 PM) *
Everyone is entitled to 15 hours a week. If one of is unemployed you might not get to choice exactly when these hours are. If you find a job and start work full time, the loca ... (show full quote)

during these 15 hours how can I find a job or go to or course? this is the only point I don't understand.

thank you very much!
+
skogsbo
post 13.Apr.2019, 08:41 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (mstiteltr @ 13.Apr.2019, 06:06 PM) *
during these 15 hours how can I find a job or go to or course? this is the only point I don't understand. . thank you very much!

What can you do in 30hrs that you can't do in 15hrs? Or on an evening? If you do a course, full time study etc.. then again you can apply for a full time nursery place.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: