The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Interesting news in Swedish public radio

Segment on indian eeduation

nativeswedishengineer
post 21.Apr.2019, 09:04 AM
Post #1

Interesting segment on P1, even indians themselves agree, most indian engineering education is garbage quality.

https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?...artikel=7201151
Go to the top of the page
+
Gjeebes
post 21.Apr.2019, 10:34 AM
Post #2

And yet they are still more highly qualified than the average heavily "educated" Meatball.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 21.Apr.2019, 10:44 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 21.Apr.2019, 11:34 AM) *
And yet they are still more highly qualified than the average heavily "educated" Meatball.

Right, as we can all see with all the glorious technical achivements reached by India.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 21.Apr.2019, 11:50 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 21.Apr.2019, 11:34 AM) *

And lets not forget the one and only time India participated in PISA, where they outcompeted titans of education, such as kyrgyzstan. Oh no wait, that was the only country that placed below India.
+
Gjeebes
post 22.Apr.2019, 07:57 AM
Post #5

Haha, I just had a laugh thinking about how Meatballia would fare with a population the size of India's; 1.34 billion.

The Meatballs can't even manage to handle a population the size of 3 large cities.

I mean WOW...can anyone imagine the mess Meatballia would be with 1.34 billion Meatballs?
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 22.Apr.2019, 08:32 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 22.Apr.2019, 08:57 AM) *
Haha, I just had a laugh thinking about how Meatballia would fare with a population the size of India's; 1.34 billion.The Meatballs can't even manage to handle a popul ... (show full quote)

So, as usual. No arugment regarding the issue at hand.
+
gsurya
post 23.Apr.2019, 12:06 PM
Post #7

Agree, education quality in most Indian education institutions is pathetic, only a handful of them are world class. China is a far ahead in comparison.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 23.Apr.2019, 02:02 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (gsurya @ 23.Apr.2019, 01:06 PM) *
Agree, education quality in most Indian education institutions is pathetic, only a handful of them are world class. China is a far ahead in comparison.

So why is Sweden flooded with "superior world-class" indian, bangladeshi and pakistani "engineers" then and not chineese? Or even south korean.
+
gsurya
post 23.Apr.2019, 04:08 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 23.Apr.2019, 01:02 PM) *
So why is Sweden flooded with "superior world-class" indian, bangladeshi and pakistani "engineers" then and not chineese? Or even south korean.

Because those 10% privileged Indians who go to much better institutions in India are still of top quality and in sufficient volume to serve the world.

That is why India tops in software services sector, but is poor at developing products. Sweden companies need resources badly and hence look forward to us Indians to fill that gap.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 23.Apr.2019, 05:24 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (gsurya @ 23.Apr.2019, 05:08 PM) *
Because those 10% privileged Indians who go to much better institutions in India are still of top quality and in sufficient volume to serve the world. That is why India tops i ... (show full quote)

Yeah, you keep telling yourselves that you are here because you are "world class". Not even all the seats at the IITs together add up to the number of work visas issued to indian programmers to Sweden, and then we are not taking any other country in the world in consideration. The only two reasons you are here are because you are cheap and that indian hiring managers only hire other indians, as we have seen time and time again with the lawsuits brought on against TCS, Infosys, WiPRO and Cognizant.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 23.Apr.2019, 05:52 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (gsurya @ 23.Apr.2019, 05:08 PM) *
Because those 10% privileged Indians who go to much better institutions in India are still of top quality and in sufficient volume to serve the world. That is why India tops i ... (show full quote)

Also, we had indian exchange students when I went to uni (one of the good unis on top of that). Lets just say, we were not impressed with them.
+
Gjeebes
post 23.Apr.2019, 06:43 PM
Post #12

No one cares who you are impressed with.

And you missed the main reasons why:

1) Wages and other employee costs are RIDICULOUS in the Greasy Meatball. A Meatball with zero experience gets too high a wage.

2) Indians and the like, are generally not as spoiled as the Meatballian types. The work ethic is generally good, enthusiasm is good, whereas entitled snowflake Sven, needs his mommy to tie his shoelaces and can't wait for the next coffee break.

3) And lastly, Swedes are "tight", exploitative, and cheapskates, in my estimation. And since that ain't gonna change anytime soon, you can bet, you will continue to hear about "world-class" no ones working for fleeting start-ups, that crash faster than a Swede trying to concentrate on, well, anything.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 23.Apr.2019, 06:51 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 23.Apr.2019, 07:43 PM) *
No one cares who you are impressed with.And you missed the main reasons why:1) Wages and other employee costs are RIDICULOUS in the Greasy Meatball. A Meatball with zero exper ... (show full quote)

So no one cares, you say. Yet you have to write a reply. Nothing more needs to be said in that regard.

1) And yet in comparison to what even a newly graduated engineer earns on the continent swedish wages are a joke.

2) Yes, we have all heard about the superior work ethic of indians.

3) I don't effin believe it. We agree on something, I have to go out and examine the thermodynamic properties of hell and the aerodynamic properties of pigs. The indians are here because they are cheaper, skill is no deciding factor.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 23.Apr.2019, 08:14 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 23.Apr.2019, 07:51 PM) *
So no one cares, you say. Yet you have to write a reply. Nothing more needs to be said in that regard. 1) And yet in comparison to what even a newly graduated engineer earns o ... (show full quote)

I think the real question is... if someone from India can work at whatever wage your raise your nose to, be happy with it, support themselves and a family, as many have families too, why can’t you be happy and support yourself at that same wage? You have very minimal, if any, school loans to pay, so what are you complaining about?

And also... why do you believe Swedish programmers software engineers whatever are better?

And why would an employer want someone who complains about money when what they get is obviously plenty?

I don’t know but what it sounds like is that Swedish engineers such as yourself care about a certain status and Indian engineers care about moving solutions forward while working as a team.

Who would you choose? Expensive and unreliable or cheaper and solid?

You are insulting to employers thinking they choose all willy nilly, on a whim, who to employ and help get a work permit for.

I never hear of many Swedish computer engineer whiz kids being head hunted by huge tech firms in say Silicon Valley, do you? Sweden is definitely not known as a hotbed of elite engineers. Their top schools are not even in top 50 of the world.

+
nativeswedishengineer
post 23.Apr.2019, 08:45 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 23.Apr.2019, 09:14 PM) *
I think the real question is... if someone from India can work at whatever wage your raise your nose to, be happy with it, support themselves and a family, as many have famili ... (show full quote)

Lots of questions.
Lets start with the first one. Good question, why do I need to earn 15x the average national wage to get a work permit to India then? Why does India not apply the same thing?

Compairing innovations from Sweden, vs innovations comming from India.
The comparison in laughably onesided.

And doing the university ranking game.

Sweden: Lund University – ranked 92nd
India: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) – ranked 162nd
Bangladesh: Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology and the University of Dhaka – both ranked 801-1000
Pakistan: Pakistan Institute ofa Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS) – ranked joint 397th

So, while Sweden might be a small fish in the global game. It has India, Pakistan and Bangladesh so badly beaten it isn't even funny.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: