The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Permanent Residence in 44 months

PR Status Less than 4 years

browngirl
post 5.Nov.2019, 01:33 PM
Post #1

Hi,

I am just checking if anyone here had an experience of having a PR status approved when you are a little short of 48 months of residency.

A little background to the story - my first work permit was applied for 1 year and 8 months. Then it was renewed for 2 years - which will be expiring next year May 2020. So that means I have:

20 months for first work visa
24 months for second

I have accumulated 44 months and I am due to renew my work permit. Question now is... Will Migrationsverket be kind enough to give me PR status even if I only stayed for 44 months? Or will they be holding my application until my 48th month? Or will I have to reapply again on my 48th for PR status? The reason I ask is I want to plan ahead for next year specially travel plans going to my home (non-EU country).

I cannot be the only one with this scenario so anyone willing to share their experience will be appreciated. Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 6.Nov.2019, 05:03 AM
Post #2

You will not be granted permanent residence permit but you may be granted a 4 month temporary permit.
+
champaignepapi
post 6.Nov.2019, 10:51 AM
Post #3

I had completed 44 months of work prior to the extension application, so I've been given 4 months extension + PUT at the same time (the same decision / case)...so the answer to your question is yes, you'll be given PUT.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: