Swede x-rayed 999 times by accident

A man in Örebro has been x-rayed 999 times by mistake, reported SVD on Wednesday. When he arrived at the hospital for an x-ray he was accidentally subjected to 80 seconds of radiation - equivalent to 999 exposures.

The incident was said to be due to a pipe that had fallen on the release pedal. Thorough examinations show that the man has not been harmed, but the hospital has admitted that the incident should never have happened.

The case has been reported to the Radiation Monitoring Board, which recommend measures for avoiding such incidents in the future. “The patient has been exposed to something that should never have happened”, said Jan Kåredal at the x-ray clinic.

Sources: Svenska Dagbladet, Nerikes Allehanda