“We picked her (Boscono) because she is an experienced and skilful model who portrays the collection in a good way,” H and M spokeswoman Liv Asarnoj told AFP.
“We have received assurances from Mariacarla’s agent that she lives a healthy life,” she added.
The youth fashion chain last month decided to drop Moss, 31, from an already shot campaign for a special autumn-winter collection designed by Stella McCartney after grainy pictures were published apparently showing her snorting cocaine.
Moss, who has lost several other large contracts following the media reports, has not admitted to taking drugs but has apologized for her behavior and checked herself into a US clinic for “medical treatment and therapy”.
The one-off Stella McCartney collection is scheduled to hit about 400 selected H and M stores across 22 countries worldwide on November 10, and the Swedish company said it had not had time to replace the entire advertising campaign with pictures of the 25-year-old Boscono.
“The main medium is television, and (Boscono) will be used in the TV ads,” Asarnoj said, adding however that the company had decided to use graphics in all of its printed ads in papers, magazines and on posters.
“There was simply not enough time for us to retake all the pictures in the campaign after we cancelled the campaign with Kate Moss. It’s a lot faster to reshoot a TV commercial,” she said.