Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland

Man dies from electric shock

Share this article

09:23 CEST+02:00
A 21-year-old man has died after being electrocuted as he climbed onto a cargo train at Markaryd railway station in southern Sweden.

At 1.30am on Friday the man and a 17-year old friend crossed the railway tracks and decided to climb aboard a train.

Dagens Nyheter reports that a witness called emergency services after seeing a flash of light coming from the train.

The man was already dead when ambulance staff arrived on the scene.

His 17-year-old companion was taken to hospital where he was reported to be in a serious state of shock.

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

From our sponsors

The ‘fairytale' boarding school nestled in a Swedish village

The words ‘boarding' and ‘school' often summon images of strict teachers, drab dormitories and downcast children. That image couldn't be further from reality at Sigtunaskolan Humanistiska Läroverket (SSHL), where boarders describe the ‘fairytale' school as a home away from home.

Advertisement