High security as attacked prosecutor returns to court
TT/The Local · 29 Nov 2007, 16:16
Published: 29 Nov 2007 16:16 GMT+01:00
- Two men wanted for bomb attack on prosecutor (21 Nov 07)
- Outrage at bomb attack on prosecutor (20 Nov 07)
- 'Bomb attack' at prosecutor's home (20 Nov 07)
The case is being brought by prosecutor Barbro Jönsson, who had the door of her home in Trollhättan blown up on Tuesday last week.
Police would not comment on whether the attack on the prosecutor had any bearing on the decision to move the trial from Vänersborg District Court to a secure courtroom in Gothenburg.
Barbro Jönsson has over the years prosecuted a number of high profile cases involving criminal network.
In the case being tried on Thursday, six people with ties to Brödraskapet Wolfpack (The Wolfpack Brotherhood) - are suspected of an attack on an apartment in Lilla Edet, a small community 50 kilometres north of Gothenburg.
A number of shots were fired at the door of the apartment, which was occupied by a couple and their 3-year-old child.
Jönsson appeared calm and relaxed as she outlined the case against against the six accused. She said she would be calling for four of those on trial to be convicted of attempted murder.
"It is clear that those shooting were indifferent to the consequences of the shots. If people had been in the hall at the time of the shooting their lives would have been in great danger," she said.
The man who was in the apartment at the time told the court that he "did not at first realize that guns were being used. There was a bang and then it appeared as though someone was trying to drive through the door with a car," he said. When his wife ran past the door to reach their 3-year-old son she noticed that the attackers were firing live bullets.
"She screamed, in pain and fear. And I screamed too," he told the court. All the accused deny committing any crime.