Three men were seriously injured in two shooting incidents, while no victims were reported for a third shooting, all which occurred within a two-hour period overnight in Malmö in southern Sweden.
Two men were injured from shots believed to be fired from an automatic weapon at around 12.30am on Wednesday morning in Malmö’s Lindängen district. A 19-year-old man was later arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
Both victims and the alleged assailant are known to the police from previous incidents.
“We’ve ascertained there was some sort of hostility or dispute of some kind that led to the shooting,” Malmö police spokesperson Lars-Håkan Lindholm told news agency TT.
The injured men, aged 22 and 29, managed to get themselves to an emergency room. One has a leg injury, while the other sustained injuries in the abdomen, but they are reported to be in stable situation.
Separately, police were called to a shooting of a parked car on Sufflörgatan in Malmö’s neighbouring Lindeborg district. No one was injured in the gunfire, which was discovered by the car owner a short while later.
In addition, a 28-year-old man who was shot in the back while at a bus stop remains in serious condition. The shooting took place earlier on Tuesday night while he waited for a bus on Malmö’s Eriksfältsgatan.
“His condition is is described as serious but stable,” said Lindholm.
The police do not see a link between the three shootings.
Last Monday, a 47-year-old man was shot at a bus stop in Malmö’s Augustenborg district. According to police, there were several aspects from Tuesday night’s bus stop shooting on Eriksfältgatan that were reminiscent of Monday shooting.
“It was one of the first things that struck us. There are many similarities between the two events,” Mats Attin of the Malmö police told newspaper Sydsvenskan.
A special task force within the Malmo police have been investigating a total of 13 cases of unsolved shootings, which has since been augmented by the two new incidents.