The next time you’re looking for romance you’d do well to make sure your fridge is stocked before setting out, because more than one-in-five singles said that, “What do you want for breakfast in the morning?” was the best chat-up line they’d heard.
The Swedes, as practical as ever, want to ensure they won’t go hungry in the morning after a romantic night out on the town, according to the survey.
The second most-favoured chat-up line listed was “Can I get directions to your heart?”
However, old dependables such as “I wonder what our children will look like,” which picked up just 2% of the vote, are no longer guaranteed to do the business.
The full results of the survey, in which 3940 people voted, are below:
1. “What do you want for breakfast in the morning?” (22%)
2. “Can I get directions to your heart?” (21%)
3. “I can swim but in your eyes I drown.” (17%)
4. “I have lost my phone number, can I get yours?” (13%)
5. “You look just like my future girl-/boyfriend …” (8%)
5. “What is the best thing about being so beautiful?” (8%)
7. “You are so sweet that I get cavities in the teeth.” (5%)
8. “Everything ok? The fall from the sky is a long fall.” (4%)
9. “I wonder what our children will look like.” (2%)